According to report a division bench of Justice MM Sundresh and Anand Venkatesh ruled that VVD and Sons, the hair oil company, is the first holder of the advertisement. Meanwhile the actor had alleged that the company was to use the advert for only a year but had done so beyond that period from 2008.
Accordingly the bench ruled, “A person who becomes the first owner of the copyright for his entire work, has been conferred with a statutory right for a period of 60 years over the cinematography of the film. Meanwhile this statutory right cannot be taken away by a performer in the cinematography film by virtue of an agreement. Hence, we hold that VVD is entitled to exploit the work for the entire term prescribed under Section 26 of the Copyright Act and is not restricted for a period of one year by the agreement.”
Furthermore according to Section 26 of the
Copyright Act, deals with ‘Term of copyright in cinematography films’. Further as
per a report Kajal had also claimed compensation to the tune of Rs 2.5
crores. Moreover after dismissing the need to pay damages, the court said,
“There are absolutely no materials for this court to award compensation to
Kajal Aggarwal in this case.
Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment New Delhi sources stated that Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya"s absence will "hurt" the visitors in the upcoming Test series against Australia and the series starts on December 6 in Adelaide. Presently Pandya is undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a lower back injury during the Asia Cup in Dubai last September.
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru