As per report commuters will now have to pay Rs 27 for a single trip and previously, it was Rs 25. Presently according a Tamilnadu Road Development Company press release, quoted by media outlets, a Light Commercial Vehicle would have to pay Rs 45, as opposed to Rs 41 in the past. Buses have to pay Rs 71, as opposed to Rs 65 in the past. Meanwhile Trucks see an Rs 10 increase, and having to pay Rs 107 instead of the existing Rs 97 and multi axle vehicles now have to pay Rs 213 as opposed to Rs 193 in the past.
As per the move, which comes into force for a two year period, has faced objections from the public. According to a report, the corporation reportedly said that this was a routine move, to be undertaken every two years. Accordingly the 20 km stretch, from Madhya Kailash to Siruseri is the heart of the IT sector in Chennai. Moreover nearly 1.5 lakh vehicles ply on the roads on a daily basis.
Further the disgruntled residents, most of whom
work in the IT companies along the stretch have complained that the hike will
only keep private cab aggregates away as they would not like to spend money on
the toll each time. Moreover many others have complained about paying
increasing tolls for poorly serviced roads along the corridor, in addition to
inefficient service at the toll booths.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal