As per report commuters will now have to pay Rs 27 for a single trip and previously, it was Rs 25. Presently according a Tamilnadu Road Development Company press release, quoted by media outlets, a Light Commercial Vehicle would have to pay Rs 45, as opposed to Rs 41 in the past. Buses have to pay Rs 71, as opposed to Rs 65 in the past. Meanwhile Trucks see an Rs 10 increase, and having to pay Rs 107 instead of the existing Rs 97 and multi axle vehicles now have to pay Rs 213 as opposed to Rs 193 in the past.
As per the move, which comes into force for a two year period, has faced objections from the public. According to a report, the corporation reportedly said that this was a routine move, to be undertaken every two years. Accordingly the 20 km stretch, from Madhya Kailash to Siruseri is the heart of the IT sector in Chennai. Moreover nearly 1.5 lakh vehicles ply on the roads on a daily basis.
Further the disgruntled residents, most of whom
work in the IT companies along the stretch have complained that the hike will
only keep private cab aggregates away as they would not like to spend money on
the toll each time. Moreover many others have complained about paying
increasing tolls for poorly serviced roads along the corridor, in addition to
inefficient service at the toll booths.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy