Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump today said he wants foreign workers to come in the US through a merit-based immigration system so as to meet the demands of companies that are moving into America in greater numbers. Meanwhile the Indian-Americans, most of whom are highly skilled and came to the US mainly on H-1B work visas, are the worst sufferers of the current immigration system which imposes a seven per cent per country quota on allotment of green cards or permanent legal residency.
Mr. Trump told reporters at the White House during a luncheon with members of the Congress that "He wants people to come into our country because our country is doing so well and have companies moving into our country at numbers that nobody has seen in a long time. We need workers. So, he wants people to come in. They have to come in through the merit system though".
Mr. Trump said responding to a question on
immigration after the US Supreme Court upheld his travel ban against people
coming from eight Muslim-majority countries "They have to come in so that
they can help our country and these companies”. Further the US president said
he is not against people coming into the country but made it clear he wants
them to come legally through a merit based system, a move which experts believe
would help qualified people from countries like India.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?