According to sources it was stated that Senior citizens, disabled persons, people suffering from cancer, thalassemia, kidney and heart ailments can now avail 50% concession on train tickets. And this concession is applicable to all trains including high speed ones like Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Jan Shatabdi, Duronto group and Mail. Meanwhile apart from these, the railways are providing concessions under 53 categories.
As per report the male passengers who are above 60 years are considered as senior citizens while 58 years for women passengers. Furthermore these people can avail the concession on IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in by selecting avail concession option under option for senior citizen concession.
Presently media reports added that after getting
the allowance on the ticket, senior citizens have to carry their age proof
certificate while travelling. Further it has to be noted that 40% concession is
given for men and 50% for women.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues