According to sources it was stated that Senior citizens, disabled persons, people suffering from cancer, thalassemia, kidney and heart ailments can now avail 50% concession on train tickets. And this concession is applicable to all trains including high speed ones like Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Jan Shatabdi, Duronto group and Mail. Meanwhile apart from these, the railways are providing concessions under 53 categories.
As per report the male passengers who are above 60 years are considered as senior citizens while 58 years for women passengers. Furthermore these people can avail the concession on IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in by selecting avail concession option under option for senior citizen concession.
Presently media reports added that after getting
the allowance on the ticket, senior citizens have to carry their age proof
certificate while travelling. Further it has to be noted that 40% concession is
given for men and 50% for women.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!