Port Moresby sources made a statement that an outbreak of polio has been confirmed in Papua New Guinea, 18 years after the country was declared free of the disease. Media report added that public health emergency has been declared. As per report at least three provinces Morobe, Madang and the Eastern Highlands confirmed the outbreak of the potentially deadly virus over this week following a meeting by the National Executive Council.
Minister for Health Puka Temu said the public health emergency order will remain in place for at least 12 months. Accordingly the World Health Organization (WHO) says the virus was detected in a six year old boy in April. Moreover the same strain of the virus has now been detected in other healthy children in the same community, making it officially an outbreak.
As per report polio has no cure and can lead to irreversible paralysis and
moreover it mainly affects children under the age of five, and can only be
prevented by giving a child multiple vaccine doses.
CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy who allotted the maximum number of Cabinet Berths to SCs, STs and OBCs has taken another landmark decision. Jagan had decided to give 50 percent of the nominated posts and 50 percent of the contracts on nomination basis to the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, backward classes, and minorities.
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu