Tehran sources reported that an Iranian oil official said on Wednesday that it is not an easy task to block the country's crude from the global market. Presently some European companies, such as Shell and Total, have stopped buying Iranian oil over the past few weeks and Iran is still exporting oil to Europe, Asia and elsewhere in the world.
The officials at the Iranian Petroleum Ministry said a day earlier, a senior US State Department official said told the US has been pushing its allies to stop oil imports from Iran by November 4. The Iranian official said "This big claim (of cutting Iran oil supply) is not feasible. Last month, Iran exported 2.8 million barrels of crude oil and condensate per day".
The official added "Removing this from the global market in a few
months is not possible”. Moreover he noted "Iran is prepared for the worst
case scenarios" in case the US pressures take effect. Furthermore there is
no surplus capacity for countries such as Saudi Arabia and the United Arab
Emirates to supply oil for a long term". Moreover Washington vowed to
re-impose sanctions against Iran and inflict punishments including secondary
sanctions on countries that have business links with the Islamic republic.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018