6 former champion teams have advanced to the knockout stage of the 21st FIFA world cup, but the football fans all over the world had to witness the shocking exit of the defending champion Germany. Another former champion Italy had not even qualified for the world cup. The league phase of FIFA world cup ends today, and of the 32 teams that participated, 16 will be advancing to the next level. From the next knockout level, 8 teams will qualify to quarter finals.
From the A group, Russia and Uruguay, Spain, Portugal from B, France, Denmark from C, Croatia, Argentina from D group, Brazil , Switzerland from E group , Sweden, Mexico from F, and Belgium and England from G group have advanced to the knockout phase. Defending champion Germany had a shocking exit from world cup after winning only 1 of the 3 league matches, ending at the last position.
In the last league match, Germany
played pathetically, losing 2-0 to South Korea, and thus ended up earning the
tag of the worst playing nation of this world cup. This is the third
consecutive time that a former defending champion has excited at league phase,
just like Italy in 2010 and Spain in 2014. Prior to this, defending
champion of 1998, Brazil, had exited in league phase in 2002. While 4 time
winner Italy had disqualified this time, and of the 7 qualified former
champions, Germany had a pathetic campaign.
Will JanaSena ally with TDP or get alone? Presently it looks like AP Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party Chief N. Chandrababu Naidu has again took U-Turn and developed a soft corner on the party's former ally, Jana Sena Party. Meanwhile soon after the TDP broke off its ties with the BJP, the Telugu Desam Party refrained from making any criticism of Pawan Kalyan or Jana Sena despite a slew of attacks from the Jana Sena leaders and supporters.
- Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death!
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!