Hyderabad sources reported that the massive Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) in Telangana, considered crucial for the prospects of ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti in the 2019 Lok Sabha and assembly elections, is expected to become partly operational from August this year. Accordingly the ambitious project will provide irrigation facilities to farmers of 20 out of 31 districts of the state besides drinking water to the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and water for industrial use in many cities.
Meanwhile the Rs 80,000 crore project on the Godavari district comprises three barrages, a series of pump houses and storage tanks. Rao said the project was conceived in 2007-08 but actual work started after the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government assumed office. He said "During our movement for the separate state, we had focused on three main issues water, funds and employment. These were the main concerns before the people. We decided to take up the irrigation issue on priority".
Rao added "After completion of the project in
2022, we will be able to irrigate 37.08 lakh acres of land of 20 out of the 31
districts of Telengana. With completion of its first phase it will be able to
irrigate 18.82 lakh acres of land". Moreover the project is expected to
benefit farmers of around 10 districts including Karimnagar, Warangal,
Nizamabad and Kamareddy.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party