Hyderabad sources reported that the massive Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) in Telangana, considered crucial for the prospects of ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti in the 2019 Lok Sabha and assembly elections, is expected to become partly operational from August this year. Accordingly the ambitious project will provide irrigation facilities to farmers of 20 out of 31 districts of the state besides drinking water to the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and water for industrial use in many cities.
Meanwhile the Rs 80,000 crore project on the Godavari district comprises three barrages, a series of pump houses and storage tanks. Rao said the project was conceived in 2007-08 but actual work started after the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government assumed office. He said "During our movement for the separate state, we had focused on three main issues water, funds and employment. These were the main concerns before the people. We decided to take up the irrigation issue on priority".
Rao added "After completion of the project in
2022, we will be able to irrigate 37.08 lakh acres of land of 20 out of the 31
districts of Telengana. With completion of its first phase it will be able to
irrigate 18.82 lakh acres of land". Moreover the project is expected to
benefit farmers of around 10 districts including Karimnagar, Warangal,
Nizamabad and Kamareddy.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli