Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump cracked a joke about Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo running for president against incumbent Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, who responded by saying that Portugal "is nothing like the US". As per report what started off as a casual conversation on Wednesday about the World Cup between Trump and Rebelo de Sousa, who is on an official visit in Washington, revealed the stark contrast between their political cultures.
Meanwhile in his first bilateral meeting with Trump, Rebelo de Sousa bantered that when Trump would talk World Cup in his upcoming summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, he should not forget to mention that "Portugal is still there and hopes to win." Rebelo de Sousa told Trump in the White House "Don't forget that Portugal has the best player in the world who is called Cristiano Ronaldo".
Moreover Trump recognized that Portugal indeed was "doing very
well" and asked his counterpart "how good a player" Ronaldo was.
Furthermore when Rebelo de Sousa said Ronaldo was "the best player in the
world", Trump asked "so will Cristiano ever run for President against
you?" further as his Portuguese counterpart pondered on a response, Trump
assured him that "Cristiano wouldn't win, you know he won't".
Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks According to report in a reform measure aimed at further consolidation, the government on Monday announced the merger of three state run banks Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and the Bank of Baroda that will make it the country's third largest bank with a combined business of Rs.14.82 lakh crore.
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!