According to sources in a major shock to Indian community aspiring to go to the US, the US President Donald Trump's government has tightened H-1B work visa norms which in turn may burn the profits of the Indian IT service firms further. Meanwhile US' fresh move is expected to put cost pressures on the Indian IT services firms and impact their margins due to increase in compliance and rise in onsite hiring and moreover the impact will be company specific and relative to H-1B visa dependence.
Gaurav Jain, vice-president, corporate sector ratings, Icra, a rating agency said "The changes will disqualify certain positions currently eligible for H-1B visas, thereby impeding the movement of low cost skilled labour from India and will have direct bearing on margins”. Moreover the US is also contemplating on awarding visas to the most skilled or to highest-paid beneficiaries. Accordingly Icra feels this move will work against the Indian IT services sector (H-1B dependent) as the average wage is approximately lower by 25% compared to companies that are not dependent on H-1B visas as per estimates.
Furthermore a firm is defined as H-1B dependent if more than 15% of its US
full-time employees are on an H-1B visa. He said the increased onsite hiring or
raising the compensation for H-1B visa applicants will impact companies' margins
and will be credit negative.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers