According to sources in a major shock to Indian community aspiring to go to the US, the US President Donald Trump's government has tightened H-1B work visa norms which in turn may burn the profits of the Indian IT service firms further. Meanwhile US' fresh move is expected to put cost pressures on the Indian IT services firms and impact their margins due to increase in compliance and rise in onsite hiring and moreover the impact will be company specific and relative to H-1B visa dependence.
Gaurav Jain, vice-president, corporate sector ratings, Icra, a rating agency said "The changes will disqualify certain positions currently eligible for H-1B visas, thereby impeding the movement of low cost skilled labour from India and will have direct bearing on margins”. Moreover the US is also contemplating on awarding visas to the most skilled or to highest-paid beneficiaries. Accordingly Icra feels this move will work against the Indian IT services sector (H-1B dependent) as the average wage is approximately lower by 25% compared to companies that are not dependent on H-1B visas as per estimates.
Furthermore a firm is defined as H-1B dependent if more than 15% of its US
full-time employees are on an H-1B visa. He said the increased onsite hiring or
raising the compensation for H-1B visa applicants will impact companies' margins
and will be credit negative.
Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling Accordingly once the darling of Indian Smartphone users, desi brands like Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, Intex and few others have nearly been decimated by affordable yet powerful devices from the Chinese vendors that have flooded both online and offline channels. Earlier in the 2013-2014 period, the domestic brands gained great traction and enjoyed 40-45% market share till the time Chinese behemoths entered
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?