Washington sources reported that according to the Capitol Police, a total of 575 women were arrested for illegally demonstrating in a protest, which sought to express opposition against the immigration policy promoted by US President Donald Trump, which includes the detention and separation of children from their families. Meanwhile the women were arrested, charged and subsequently released at the scene.
Accordingly the arrests, which followed a morning march of hundreds of women through the streets of the US capital, occurred in the Hart building of the US Senate. Furthermore at least one congresswoman, Pramila Jayapal, who also participated in the protest, was among those arrested. Democratic House Representative Pramila Jayapal, adding that "He just got arrested with a group of at least 500 women who took over the center of the Hart Senate building protesting the inhumane and cruel policies of 'zero tolerance', the separation of families," and that she was "proud of being arrested with them".
Further the Trump Administration launched the so-called "zero
tolerance" policy last April, which considers illegal border crossing as a
criminal offense, meaning that immigrant minors will be separated from their
families. Moreover according to data from the US Department of Homeland
Security since then, the US government has reunited 538 children with their
relatives, but more than 2,000 minors still remain separated.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?