Washington sources reported that according to the Capitol Police, a total of 575 women were arrested for illegally demonstrating in a protest, which sought to express opposition against the immigration policy promoted by US President Donald Trump, which includes the detention and separation of children from their families. Meanwhile the women were arrested, charged and subsequently released at the scene.
Accordingly the arrests, which followed a morning march of hundreds of women through the streets of the US capital, occurred in the Hart building of the US Senate. Furthermore at least one congresswoman, Pramila Jayapal, who also participated in the protest, was among those arrested. Democratic House Representative Pramila Jayapal, adding that "He just got arrested with a group of at least 500 women who took over the center of the Hart Senate building protesting the inhumane and cruel policies of 'zero tolerance', the separation of families," and that she was "proud of being arrested with them".
Further the Trump Administration launched the so-called "zero
tolerance" policy last April, which considers illegal border crossing as a
criminal offense, meaning that immigrant minors will be separated from their
families. Moreover according to data from the US Department of Homeland
Security since then, the US government has reunited 538 children with their
relatives, but more than 2,000 minors still remain separated.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy