Accordingly a day before Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about how Kabir Das preached unity while addressing a gathering in Maghar, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath declined to wear a cap offered by the caretaker of the poet’s mausoleum. Meanwhile when speaking to media on Thursday, Khadim Hussain, who took over as caretaker after his father died three years ago, said, “For generations, his family members have been caretakers of Kabir’s mazaar (shrine) here and he took over from his father Shabbir Hussain Ansari following his death and this is the first time anyone has refused the wear the cap.”
Moreover he added that he has no hard feelings, and understood that the CM could not wear it, being part of the BJP. Earlier on Wednesday, when Adityanath came to the mausoleum, Khadim said he offered him a cap to cover his head, as per tradition. He added “The chief minister politely refused the cap with a smile and said that he accepts it but does not wear it”.
Further Khadim said, “We have given it to several
people and he remembers, years ago, a white cap was given to Mulayam Singh
Yadav, who wore it immediately. It was a yellow fur cap, which he was also
wearing, but we have no hard feelings, we understand. There is BJP government
and he does not wear a cap, so he did not wear it.” Further in Maghar, Kabir’s
mausoleum is situated next to a temple, which is seen as a symbol of unity.
Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone? According to sources as polls are due in December in Telangana, election fever seems to have gripped KCR. Meanwhile in order to win the elections, CM KCR has performed a special Yagam. Recently KCR and wife Shobha have performed Raja Shyamala Chandi Homam at KCR's Erravelli farmhouse yesterday and it is learnt that the Raja Syamala Chandi Homam is performed for victory.
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh