Chennai sources reported that with the neighboring Karnataka continuing to oppose the composition of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA), the Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami chaired a high level meeting on Friday to assess the situation and also gear up for the July 2 meeting in New Delhi of all member states. Accordingly the meeting, summoned by the Centre, will be the first such one of the Authority after its constitution was notified earlier this month. Central Water Commission chairman S. Masood Hussain has been appointed as the chairman of CWMA.
Meanwhile Tamilnadu would be represented by the PWD secretary S. K. Prabhakar, who has been appointed as the member of the Authority. Moreover the meeting convened by Mr. Palaniswami was attended among others by Deputy CM O. Panneerselvam, Ministers and senior officials. Further according to sources, Tamilnadu would insist upon the Centre to implement the Feb. 16 verdict of the Supreme Court on Cauvery water disputes in letter and spirit and also demand the Authority to commence its work immediately.
Moreover any delay, would not only tantamount to violating the
Supreme Court judgment but also marring the prospects of Tamilnadu farmers. Furthermore
the government would also urge the Authority to ensure water is released into
the Mettur dam to facilitate agricultural activities in the Cauvery delta
areas. Moreover the sources also informed that the State government
would stress the need to link Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, Palar, Cauvery,
Vaigai, etc. to harness the excess water.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing