According to report a special court in Mumbai on Saturday issued summons to absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya to appear before it on August 27. Meanwhile the order came following a hearing on a fresh plea filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Further the ED has sought action against him under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance in the over Rs 9,000 crore bank fraud case.
Furthermore the prevention of Money Laundering Act Court Special Judge M.S. Azmi ordered issue of the notice to Mallya after taking cognizance of the recent second ED charge sheet and its application on June 22 seeking to invoke the charges against him under the FEO Ordinance. Moreover this is the first time that action has been initiated invoking the new Ordinance promulgated by the government to tackle fugitive bank loan defaulters.
Further if Mallya
currently holed up in the United Kingdom fails to honor the special court's
summons, he could be proclaimed a "Fugitive Economic Offender", and
all his properties can be confiscated. Moreover the special court has earlier
issued non-bailable arrest warrants in Mallya's name in the two main cases
lodged by the ED, but he has denied all charges against him. Previously last
week, the fugitive tycoon petitioned the Karnataka High Court to permit
him and his holding firm UBHL to sell their assets under its supervision to
New Chairman for AP CRDA appointed Amaravathi sources stated that the YSR Congress MLA from Mangalagiri, Alla Ramakrishna Reddy, has been appointed as Chairman of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (AP CRDA) on Thursday. Reportedly Ramakrishna Reddy, who is popular as RK, defeated Telugu Desam Party (TDP) national general secretary and former IT minister Nara Lokesh at Mangalagiri in the recently concluded election.
- Jagan is Already Better Than Chandrababu In That Aspect
- Why So Much Drama Chandrababuji?
- PM Modi & Imran Khan exchanged pleasantries at SCO Summit
- Bengaluru Transport Department hikes students bus fare
- Jagan Playing Mind Game with Chandrababu?
- Expectations from Union Budget 2019
- Jagan's Victory Attracted Nation's Attention
- Trump gets embarrassed by tweet!
- Journalist abused and cops urinate on him!
- Priyanka Chopra gets UNICEF award!
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai on World cup final!
- Elephant rescued from Begging & Marriage parades
- Will Chandrababu Naidu ask apology for not fulfilling 2014 Poll promises? Roja
- Face-off between PM Modi & Pakistan PM Imran Khan at SCO Summit
- Facebook expanding ad breaks in 4 Indian languages