According to report a special court in Mumbai on Saturday issued summons to absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya to appear before it on August 27. Meanwhile the order came following a hearing on a fresh plea filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Further the ED has sought action against him under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance in the over Rs 9,000 crore bank fraud case.
Furthermore the prevention of Money Laundering Act Court Special Judge M.S. Azmi ordered issue of the notice to Mallya after taking cognizance of the recent second ED charge sheet and its application on June 22 seeking to invoke the charges against him under the FEO Ordinance. Moreover this is the first time that action has been initiated invoking the new Ordinance promulgated by the government to tackle fugitive bank loan defaulters.
Further if Mallya
currently holed up in the United Kingdom fails to honor the special court's
summons, he could be proclaimed a "Fugitive Economic Offender", and
all his properties can be confiscated. Moreover the special court has earlier
issued non-bailable arrest warrants in Mallya's name in the two main cases
lodged by the ED, but he has denied all charges against him. Previously last
week, the fugitive tycoon petitioned the Karnataka High Court to permit
him and his holding firm UBHL to sell their assets under its supervision to
RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank New Delhi sources stated that the private sector lender said the Reserve Bank has warned Yes Bank of regulatory action for disclosure of nil divergence report in violation of the confidentiality clause. Meanwhile Yes Bank in a press release earlier this week had said the RBI has not found
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!