According to report a special court in Mumbai on Saturday issued summons to absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya to appear before it on August 27. Meanwhile the order came following a hearing on a fresh plea filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). Further the ED has sought action against him under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance in the over Rs 9,000 crore bank fraud case.
Furthermore the prevention of Money Laundering Act Court Special Judge M.S. Azmi ordered issue of the notice to Mallya after taking cognizance of the recent second ED charge sheet and its application on June 22 seeking to invoke the charges against him under the FEO Ordinance. Moreover this is the first time that action has been initiated invoking the new Ordinance promulgated by the government to tackle fugitive bank loan defaulters.
Further if Mallya
currently holed up in the United Kingdom fails to honor the special court's
summons, he could be proclaimed a "Fugitive Economic Offender", and
all his properties can be confiscated. Moreover the special court has earlier
issued non-bailable arrest warrants in Mallya's name in the two main cases
lodged by the ED, but he has denied all charges against him. Previously last
week, the fugitive tycoon petitioned the Karnataka High Court to permit
him and his holding firm UBHL to sell their assets under its supervision to
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018