As per report the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC)’s decision to increase AC bus fares by an average of 16.89% has not gone down well with activists and citizens. Meanwhile according to the government-run city transport corporation, the hike is to “reduce operational loss” coupled with the steady increase in fuel prices and dearness allowance for its employees.
The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Committee said in a press statement “Since January 1, a constant rise in diesel price and Dearness Allowance has contributed to an increase in staff costs and operational expenditure and with this, it is difficult to provide Vajra services at present fares”. Moreover with traffic snarls and private vehicle ownership already on the rise, Sandeep Anirudhan, a civic activist, is of the opinion that the fundamentals of BMTC’s foundations are responsible for flawed decisions like this.
He said “It is set up
as a company with expectations to make profits. It is a wrong idea to make
profits when you are using public infrastructure for free. Why should you make
profits out of citizens when you are a government body? If we don’t question
these fundamentals, we are not going to solve the problem”. Furthermore although there are no official
numbers available in public domain, the BMTC’s AC buses are touted to carry
close to 67,000 passengers daily, including its buses to and from the airport.
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?