The Congress in Andhra Pradesh is making fresh attempts to revive the party in the State. The party had lost is leaders and cadre, besides the voters in the 2014 elections due to the bifurcation. The party candidates have lost their deposits in every election – starting from village panchayat to the Parliament. Its vote share went down to 2 per cent in the elections leaving no hope of its revival.
But, in the last for years, APCC president N Raghuvera Reddy and Rajya Sabha MP K V P Ramachandra Rao, have done a great work in keeping the party active with their fight for the special category status. Raghuveera Reddy kept the party alive and active across the 13 districts with his initiatives for the bifurcation issues. Starting from the signature campaign to the street level protests on the Special Category Status issue, Raghuveera Reddy kept on breathing new life into the party in the last four years.
In Delhi, Ramachandra Rao kept the special category status issue alive with his moves of introducing private member bill in Rajya Sabha and the series of discussions held in the Parliament.
Now, ahead of the elections, with Oommen Chandy taking over as the party incharge of the State, the leaders are looking towards those who left the party in 2014. They have visited former chief minister N Kirankumar Reddy and requested him to come back. Efforts are on to bring back former MPs Undavalli Arun Kumar, G V Harsha Kumar and Sabbam Hari, besides others. The party believes that the return of these leaders would help improve its base in the State in the next elections.AICC president Rahul Gandhi is giving more time for the Congress in Andhra Pradesh. It is said that Rahul Gandhi had asked the party leaders in the State to get in touch with every leader who left the party after the bifurcation and get them back to the party fold.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue