The Congress in Andhra Pradesh is making fresh attempts to revive the party in the State. The party had lost is leaders and cadre, besides the voters in the 2014 elections due to the bifurcation. The party candidates have lost their deposits in every election – starting from village panchayat to the Parliament. Its vote share went down to 2 per cent in the elections leaving no hope of its revival.
But, in the last for years, APCC president N Raghuvera Reddy and Rajya Sabha MP K V P Ramachandra Rao, have done a great work in keeping the party active with their fight for the special category status. Raghuveera Reddy kept the party alive and active across the 13 districts with his initiatives for the bifurcation issues. Starting from the signature campaign to the street level protests on the Special Category Status issue, Raghuveera Reddy kept on breathing new life into the party in the last four years.
In Delhi, Ramachandra Rao kept the special category status issue alive with his moves of introducing private member bill in Rajya Sabha and the series of discussions held in the Parliament.
Now, ahead of the elections, with Oommen Chandy taking over as the party incharge of the State, the leaders are looking towards those who left the party in 2014. They have visited former chief minister N Kirankumar Reddy and requested him to come back. Efforts are on to bring back former MPs Undavalli Arun Kumar, G V Harsha Kumar and Sabbam Hari, besides others. The party believes that the return of these leaders would help improve its base in the State in the next elections.AICC president Rahul Gandhi is giving more time for the Congress in Andhra Pradesh. It is said that Rahul Gandhi had asked the party leaders in the State to get in touch with every leader who left the party after the bifurcation and get them back to the party fold.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?