Washington sources reported that the Food Switch app, developed by researchers from the George Institute for Global Health in Australia and Northwestern University in the US, asks users to crowd source information on new and changing foods to update its 268,000 product database in real time. Meanwhile with a tap of the screen, users can scan a packaged food's barcode, quickly see its nutritional rating and identify similar foods that are healthier.
Furthermore it provides a Health Star Rating that scores each food between 0.5 stars (unhealthy) to 5 stars (healthiest). As per report the scoring is based on a scientific algorithm that weights the impact of different nutrients on health. Moreover the app also provides a breakdown of the food's fat, saturated fat, sugars and salt in grams and gives a percentage of an adult's daily intake for each and this is shown as red, yellow and green traffic lights.
Furthermore the users also can compare multiple products in the same category,
such as regular and fat free salad dressing, to quickly determine which product
is healthier. Moreover if a user scans a bar code and the food is not in the
database, the app prompts the user to photograph the packaging, its nutrition
facts panel and ingredient list so the app's team can add it to the database. Further
Food Switch has already launched in many countries including India, China,
South Africa and Hong Kong.
A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules Washington sources reported that a judge in California partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules that allow employers to opt out of providing health insurance that covers women's birth control from taking effect. Meanwhile US District Judge Haywood Gilliam in Oakland granted a request by 14 Democratic attorneys general for a preliminary injunction.
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?
- International Youth Leadership Conference to be inaugurated by Anna Hazare
- CM Yogi Adithyanath confident about BJPs performance in 2019