Jammu sources reported that a police official said the fifth batch of 4,047 pilgrims, including 808 women, yesterday left from here for the Kashmir Valley to pay obeisance at the 3,880 meter high cave shrine of Amarnath. Meanwhile as per report so far, 13,816 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine from the twin routes traditional 36 km Pahalgam track in Anantnag district and 12 km shortest Baltal route in Ganderbal since the commencement of the annual 60 day pilgrimage on June 28.
Further the official said the yatra is left in a fleet of 134 vehicles under tight security arrangements early today and are expected to reach Baltal and Pahalgam base camps in the valley later in the day. Moreover despite incessant rains which even posed a threat of flash floods in the valley, the yatra to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas commenced in the valley as per schedule on June 28 after several hours of delay but faced frequent disruptions owing to continuous rainfall, slippery condition of the tracks and shooting of stones and landslides.
Media reports added a total of 13,816 pilgrims had paid their obeisance at
the cave shrine, housing the naturally formed ice Shivlingam, till last
evening. Moreover among them the highest number of 10,935 pilgrims visited the
shrine yesterday. Meanwhile the 60 day yatra is scheduled to conclude on
August 26 coinciding with the 'Raksha Bandhan' festival.
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina