The Punjab government has recommended the government to make the laws strict enough to impose death penalty as the punishment for drug trading. The Punjab government has sent a recommendation letter with the proposal for implementing this.
Yesterday, the Punjab state assembly was convened under the state chief minister Amrinder Singh. Post the conclusion of this session, Chief Minister Amrinder Singh had met the press and interacted with them, briefing on the decisions taken in the meeting. He had said that one of the important decisions taken in the meeting was to make Punjab a drug free state.
Besides, he had revealed that the
Punjab government will be taking necessary steps to emphasize the need of
punishments as strong as death penalty for drug trading, and the same will be
recommended to the central government for immediate implementation. Amrinder
Singh said that the government in Punjab aims to eliminate drugs from the
state, and a proposal to implement death penalty for drugs as a law in the
state, has been already forwarded to the central government for its approval.
Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27 Sources from United Nations stated that President Donald Trump will talk about protecting US sovereignty, expanding relations with countries that share similar values and call for a halt to the spread of weapons of mass destruction during next week's gathering of world leaders at the UN General Assembly. Meanwhile Trump will participate in a number of UN General Assembly (UNGA) events and bilateral meetings from September 24-27.
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes