Accordingly DMK Working President MK Stalin slammed Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit for allegedly infringing on the autonomy of the state and said that he would personally wave the black flag at him the next time he conducts a ‘field visit’. Meanwhile when speaking at the DMK student-wing event in Karur on Saturday, he said that he is not the one to be intimidated by the imprisonment threats of the Governor.
He said “The Raj Bhavan has issued a statement threatening us with an imprisonment of seven years. He had seen many such threats and has been raised by Kalaignar and moreover has already said that in order to preserve the state’s autonomy, He is ready to be in jail for life and he is waiting for the governor to go on his next field visit and is going to wave a black flag there”. Moreover Stalin also said that the Governor ordered the arrest of DMK cadres in Namakkal after they demanded a CBI probe into Nirmala Devi case.
Furthermore around 200 DMK workers were remanded in
judicial custody for raising black flags during the Governor’s visit to
Namakkal district last week. Hence this was followed by a protest
led by Stalin in front of Raj Bhavan, in which he along with the cadre
were detained by the police, where they were protesting against the arrest of
DMK cadres in Namakkal the day before. Further Banwarilal Purohit has
repeatedly been accused by leader of opposition parties trying to
disrupt the state’s autonomy.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?