The Indian Olympic Association has decided not to send the Indian football team for the Asian games, and the reason they have cited for the same has become a joke of sorts. The Asian games are set to begin on 18th of July at Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Indian Olympic Association has been regularly announcing the list of players who have qualified to play and represent India in various games. However, the IOA has decided not to send Indian teams for Male and female football tournaments. The reason they have cited is that only the teams that are in the top 8 rankings in Asia will be sent for Asian games. Currently, the men's football team is at 14th place, and the women's football team is at 13th place.
The Indian football federation has disagreed and opposed this decision. India has infact improved a lot in football in the last 3 years and has risen from 173rd rank to 97th rank in the international level, besides also qualifying to play in the qualifiers of Worldcup. Only if opportunities are given in International level, the players will grow, and selection should not be based on success alone, said the federation. However, the IOA has not responded, and this has created a disturbance among players.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India