The Indian Olympic Association has decided not to send the Indian football team for the Asian games, and the reason they have cited for the same has become a joke of sorts. The Asian games are set to begin on 18th of July at Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Indian Olympic Association has been regularly announcing the list of players who have qualified to play and represent India in various games. However, the IOA has decided not to send Indian teams for Male and female football tournaments. The reason they have cited is that only the teams that are in the top 8 rankings in Asia will be sent for Asian games. Currently, the men's football team is at 14th place, and the women's football team is at 13th place.
The Indian football federation has disagreed and opposed this decision. India has infact improved a lot in football in the last 3 years and has risen from 173rd rank to 97th rank in the international level, besides also qualifying to play in the qualifiers of Worldcup. Only if opportunities are given in International level, the players will grow, and selection should not be based on success alone, said the federation. However, the IOA has not responded, and this has created a disturbance among players.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant