New Delhi sources stated that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor today moved a Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in the case related to the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar in which he has already been summoned as an accused. Meanwhile the politician's plea was filed before Special Judge Arvind Kumar who sought Delhi Police's response and kept it for hearing today.
Previously Tharoor was summoned as an accused by a magisterial court for the alleged offences of abetment of suicide and committing cruelty towards Pushkar. Moreover in his plea filed through advocate Vikas Pahwa, Tharoor said the charge sheet has been filed without arrest and the SIT (special investigation team) has categorically stated that investigation has been concluded and no custodial interrogation is required. Pahwa said "The law is very clear that if the charge sheet is filed without arrest the bail is inevitable. We have only requested for protection so that we appear in the court on July 7”.
He said “The matter will be heard today at 10 am as the prosecutor was not
present in the court yesterday”. Earlier
on June 5, a court had summoned Tharoor as accused, asking him to appear before
it on July 7 and saying there were sufficient grounds to proceed against him. As
per report Pushkar was found dead in a luxury hotel room on the night of
January 17, 2014.
Lokesh took risk where as Pavan played safe game! Lokesh and Pavan Kalyan made their political debut and test their luck by contesting to Assembly. Lokesh has decided to contest from Mangalagiri where as Pavan Kalyan shows his intention to contest from Bhimavaram and Gajuwaka Assembly segments.
- Kanna will be the candidate of Vizag MP?
- What is Roja's Condition in Nagari This Time?
- TDP's Efforts To Prevent YSRCP Hindupur MP Nomination Foiled
- CM Chandrababu is Criminal Minister: Jagan
- Why former Indian Cricketer Azharuddin denied MP ticket?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu for delay in Polavaram Project
- Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack