Spanish tennis player Feliciano Lopez, who has been playing grand slam events for more than 17 years, has surpassed legend Roger Federer. The top grand slam event of tennis, Wimbledon has just begun, and Swiss ace Roger Federer has entered the tournament with the mission to win the trophy for the 9th time in his illustrious career.
In such a situation yesterday, Feliciano Lopez, who's ranked 70th, won the first round match of the tournament, breaking Federer's record. Roger Federer had been holding the record for playing most grand slam matches, as he has participated in 65 consecutive grand slam matches, and yesterday by playing in Wimbledon, Lopez had broke the record.
Lopez, who had made his grand slam
debut in 2013, French open, has not missed any grand slam event so far, and
this Wimbledon match was his 66th grand slam appearance. The highlight is that
Feliciano Lopez has not entered into the semi finals of any grand slam, nor is
he into the top 10 rankings. Lopez has so far clashed with Federer 13 times,
and has lost in all the encounters, but for the first time, he has won Federer,
for a unique reason though. Lopez said he considers this success itself as a
Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday wished Congress leader Ajay Maken a speedy recovery. Mr. Maken, who is abroad for treatment, replied that he is suffering from an "irreversible and progressive orthopedic ailment, which is extremely painful, but not life threatening". PM Modi wrote on twitter "Dear Ajaymaken Ji, I pray for your good health and well being".
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart