According to sources an Iranian general on Monday accused Israel of manipulating weather to prevent rain over the Islamic republic, alleging his country was facing cloud "theft", before being contradicted by the nation's weather chief. Brigadier General Gholam Reza Jalali, head of Iran's Civil Defense Organization reported "The changing climate in Iran is suspect”.
Jalali was quoted as saying that "Foreign interference is suspected to have played a role in climate change," and insisting results from an Iranian scientific study "confirm" the claim. He said "Israel and another country in the region have joint teams which work to ensure clouds entering Iranian skies are unable to release rain”.
Jalali added, "On top of that, we are facing
the issue of cloud and snow theft", citing a survey showing that above
2,200 metres all mountainous areas between Afghanistan and the Mediterranean
are covered in snow, except Iran. Moreover Iran's own meteorological service
struck a skeptical note, however. Furthermore General Jalali "probably has
a document of which he is not aware, but on the basis of meteorological
knowledge, it is not possible for a country to steal snow or clouds”. Further the
general's allegations of weather pilfering were not the first time an Iranian
official has accused the country's foes of stealing its rain.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!