Chennai sources reported that the Tamilnadu government has proposed to install GPS devices on the vehicles carrying the essentials and also CCTVs will be installed at the godowns, State Food and Civil Supplies Minister R. Kamaraj has informed. 'About Rs 20 crore will be spent to fix GPS devices on the lorries transporting the essential commodities from the TN Civil Supplies Godowns to the fair price shops across the state.
Accordingly Mr. Kamaraj said “CCTVs will be installed at the TNCS godowns with an aim to contain pilferage and to ensure the ration cardholders receive the right quantity of rice, wheat and other essentials”. Meanwhile when winding up the debate on the demand for grants for his department in the Assembly, he said a modern control room would be set up to facilitate effective monitoring of the commodities.
Moreover he also announced constructing building
for 25 direct paddy procurement centres at a cost of Rs 12 crore for the
benefit of the Cauvery Delta farmers and said another Rs 12 crore would be
spent to provide drying yards at 100 paddy procurement centres in the Cauvery
Delta districts. Furthermore additional godowns with 1,000 tonne capacity each
would be established at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore each at Edappadi block in Salem
district and Bodinayakanur block in Theni district.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day