Chennai sources reported that the Tamilnadu government has proposed to install GPS devices on the vehicles carrying the essentials and also CCTVs will be installed at the godowns, State Food and Civil Supplies Minister R. Kamaraj has informed. 'About Rs 20 crore will be spent to fix GPS devices on the lorries transporting the essential commodities from the TN Civil Supplies Godowns to the fair price shops across the state.
Accordingly Mr. Kamaraj said “CCTVs will be installed at the TNCS godowns with an aim to contain pilferage and to ensure the ration cardholders receive the right quantity of rice, wheat and other essentials”. Meanwhile when winding up the debate on the demand for grants for his department in the Assembly, he said a modern control room would be set up to facilitate effective monitoring of the commodities.
Moreover he also announced constructing building
for 25 direct paddy procurement centres at a cost of Rs 12 crore for the
benefit of the Cauvery Delta farmers and said another Rs 12 crore would be
spent to provide drying yards at 100 paddy procurement centres in the Cauvery
Delta districts. Furthermore additional godowns with 1,000 tonne capacity each
would be established at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore each at Edappadi block in Salem
district and Bodinayakanur block in Theni district.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India