According to sources in an embarrassing setback for Latha Rajinikanth, the Supreme Court pulled her up for defying an earlier order by the apex court which ruled that she was to pay Rs 6.2 crore to Ad Bureau, a private company which financed Kochadaiiyaan, within 12 weeks. Meanwhile when cautioning her over the non-payment of dues, the Supreme Court said, “If the pending dues are not paid, you will have to face trial.”
Previously in February, the apex court also ordered the firm MediaOne to pay back the interest for the Rs 10 crore loan it took from Ad Bureau, which distributes films. Moreover the court had also warned at the time that failure to repay the amount on time would hold Latha Rajinikanth, who is MediaOne’s director, liable to personally settle the amount.
Previously in April this year, the Supreme Court
dismissed a petition filed by Latha's company MediaOne which had stated that of
the Rs 10 crores, Rs 9.20 crores had been paid to Ad Bureau. Accordingly Ad
Bureau had lent Rs 10 crore to Media One headed by Latha Rajinikanth for the
post production of the animated Rajinikanth starrer Kochadaiiyaan. Moreover in
a police complaint filed in November 2014, against Latha and Kochadaiiyaan
producer J Murali Manohar, Ad Bureau Advertising Pvt Ltd accusing them of
cheating them out of the distribution rights for the movie in Tamilnadu, after
agreeing to the same, and an investment of Rs 10 crore.
AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft Close to three months after the theft of three crowns from the temple of Sri Govinda Raja Swamy in Andhra Pradesh's Tirupati town, the police have finally cracked the case. Reportedly the three crowns which were stolen weighed approximately 1,351 gm and were valued at around Rs 50 lakh.
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case