According to sources in an embarrassing setback for Latha Rajinikanth, the Supreme Court pulled her up for defying an earlier order by the apex court which ruled that she was to pay Rs 6.2 crore to Ad Bureau, a private company which financed Kochadaiiyaan, within 12 weeks. Meanwhile when cautioning her over the non-payment of dues, the Supreme Court said, “If the pending dues are not paid, you will have to face trial.”
Previously in February, the apex court also ordered the firm MediaOne to pay back the interest for the Rs 10 crore loan it took from Ad Bureau, which distributes films. Moreover the court had also warned at the time that failure to repay the amount on time would hold Latha Rajinikanth, who is MediaOne’s director, liable to personally settle the amount.
Previously in April this year, the Supreme Court
dismissed a petition filed by Latha's company MediaOne which had stated that of
the Rs 10 crores, Rs 9.20 crores had been paid to Ad Bureau. Accordingly Ad
Bureau had lent Rs 10 crore to Media One headed by Latha Rajinikanth for the
post production of the animated Rajinikanth starrer Kochadaiiyaan. Moreover in
a police complaint filed in November 2014, against Latha and Kochadaiiyaan
producer J Murali Manohar, Ad Bureau Advertising Pvt Ltd accusing them of
cheating them out of the distribution rights for the movie in Tamilnadu, after
agreeing to the same, and an investment of Rs 10 crore.
13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued Sources from Shillong stated that thirteen miners, who were trapped inside a coal pit filled with gallons of water in Meghalayas East Jaintia Hills district, were yet to be reached or rescued, district police chief said on Friday. Meanwhile the officials had already said their chances of survival were bleak. Sylvester Nongtnger, the district police chief of East Jaintia Hills told "We are yet to recover the dead bodies from the pit".
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!
- BJP corners Rahul Gandhi now!
- TTV Dinakaran wishes Senthil Balaji!
- Will Owaisi help YS Jagan?
- KTR becomes Working President of TRS Party
- Rajinikanth targeted Centre on the Mekedatu issue
- Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue?
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!