According to sources the 56 year old Malappuram native Leela Mahendra Narayan died due to the altitude sickness in Simikot when she was returning from the pilgrimage, according to Mathrubhumi. Meanwhile the Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj said that there are about 525 Indian pilgrims stranded in Simikot, 550 in Hilsa and 500 in Tibet side.
She wrote "Indian Embassy in Nepal has deployed representatives in Nepalganj and Simikot and they are in touch with the pilgrims and ensuring that food and lodging facilities are available to all the pilgrims. IndiansStrandedInNepal". Moreover the respective state governments leap into action when the news spread. Further Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu immediately started making inquiries into how many people from the state were stranded in Nepal, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said at least 36 people from his state were trapped near the China border.
Recently the Karnataka government said
that at least 250 pilgrims from the state were stranded, but the Indian Mission
in Nepal was in touch with them. Tamilnadu Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar said
that all those, who went for the pilgrimage from Tamilnadu, were safe. Furthermore
the families and friends of stranded pilgrims tweeted to Sushma Swaraj, giving
her details of where they were stranded and how much food and water was
available for them. Moreover the Karnataka government added that India is also
looking at using helicopters to rescue pilgrims in critical condition.
UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1 Lucknow sources stated that government doctors in Uttar Pradesh under the banner of Provincial Medical Services Association UP announced their decision to wear black bands on October 1 in support of their demands including promotion issues and non-practice allowance. A statement issued by the association said "Government doctors across the state will register their protest
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee