According to sources the 56 year old Malappuram native Leela Mahendra Narayan died due to the altitude sickness in Simikot when she was returning from the pilgrimage, according to Mathrubhumi. Meanwhile the Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj said that there are about 525 Indian pilgrims stranded in Simikot, 550 in Hilsa and 500 in Tibet side.
She wrote "Indian Embassy in Nepal has deployed representatives in Nepalganj and Simikot and they are in touch with the pilgrims and ensuring that food and lodging facilities are available to all the pilgrims. IndiansStrandedInNepal". Moreover the respective state governments leap into action when the news spread. Further Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu immediately started making inquiries into how many people from the state were stranded in Nepal, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said at least 36 people from his state were trapped near the China border.
Recently the Karnataka government said
that at least 250 pilgrims from the state were stranded, but the Indian Mission
in Nepal was in touch with them. Tamilnadu Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar said
that all those, who went for the pilgrimage from Tamilnadu, were safe. Furthermore
the families and friends of stranded pilgrims tweeted to Sushma Swaraj, giving
her details of where they were stranded and how much food and water was
available for them. Moreover the Karnataka government added that India is also
looking at using helicopters to rescue pilgrims in critical condition.
KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name According to sources TRS chief and CM KCR, who has filed his nomination on Wednesday at Gajwel RDO office, has declared his assets both movable and immovable assets. Meanwhile KCR declared that he has no own vehicle and further he stated that he owns assets worth Rs 10.40 Crore and his wife Shobha has assets worth Rs 94.59 Lakh.
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!