Recently the SC has restored the power of Delhi state government and thus limited the role of Lieutenant Governor. Meanwhile in a crucial case related to the power tussle between the Delhi government and the Lieutenant Governor, SC has pronounced its verdict stating that the power lies with the elected government and L-G doesn't have any special or independent powers.
Accordingly a five judge bench led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra made it clear that the L-G is bound by the aid and advice of the council of minister who is elected by people and who are answerable to the people. Moreover Justice D Y Chandrachud went further to say that the L-G had no independent authority of his own and recently the court also said that in a democracy, the real power must lie with the elected representatives of the people.
Furthermore it said that the LG is also bound to send files to the
President in case of differences of opinion, in exceptional matters and the
Apex court said the LG has not been inferred with independent decision-making
powers. He cannot act as an "obstructionist". Moreover the Supreme
Court added that the LG and the Delhi government have to work harmoniously. The
bench said “LG must realize that it is the Council of Ministers, who are
answerable to the people and he cannot stall every decision of the National
Capital Territory (NCT) government”.
BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies Accordingly Bharatiya Jana Party which has been keen on tying up with its ally Shiv Sena has finally decided the seat sharing formula with the party for Lok Sabha and Maharashtra's assembly elections. Meanwhile the Shiv Sena will contest for 23 seats while the BJP will contest 25 seats for the General elections.
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!