According to sources Flipkart’s 100 million customers and around 100,000 sellers could be in for some better times, at least with regard to their needs for finance for making purchases is concerned. Recently the Indian e-commerce giant has announced that it is entering the fintech sector in a serious manner having applied for an NBFC license.
As per report Flipkart will then come to the rescue of customers on its platform who would want to make substantial purchases but are unable to do so for want of funds. Meanwhile according to the company, the segment of its customers without access to funding due to various reasons could be as high as 60%. Moreover Flipkart will aim to fill this gap and lend the amounts to facilitate the purchases and have a system to collect the repayments.
Furthermore apart from the lending vertical, there
have been talks of Flipkart wanting to foray into the insurance sector as well.
Even though in the long term the plan is to include all insurance products,
like life and general insurance. Accordingly Flipkart has plans to follow a
different path from the ones adopted by some of the existing players like
CoverFox or Bank Bazaar; the e-commerce company would not act as the aggregate
but would directly offer the loan products from its own balance sheet. Finally it
is learnt that Flipkart has already entered into arrangements with partnering
firms for the lending business, though their identities have not been
NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth Washington sources reported that NASA's Kepler space telescope that discovered thousands of planets outside our solar system and revealed that our galaxy contains more planets than stars, has received its final set of commands to disconnect communications with Earth. Meanwhile the "goodnight" commands finalize the spacecraft's transition into retirement, which began on October 30
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP