According to sources Flipkart’s 100 million customers and around 100,000 sellers could be in for some better times, at least with regard to their needs for finance for making purchases is concerned. Recently the Indian e-commerce giant has announced that it is entering the fintech sector in a serious manner having applied for an NBFC license.
As per report Flipkart will then come to the rescue of customers on its platform who would want to make substantial purchases but are unable to do so for want of funds. Meanwhile according to the company, the segment of its customers without access to funding due to various reasons could be as high as 60%. Moreover Flipkart will aim to fill this gap and lend the amounts to facilitate the purchases and have a system to collect the repayments.
Furthermore apart from the lending vertical, there
have been talks of Flipkart wanting to foray into the insurance sector as well.
Even though in the long term the plan is to include all insurance products,
like life and general insurance. Accordingly Flipkart has plans to follow a
different path from the ones adopted by some of the existing players like
CoverFox or Bank Bazaar; the e-commerce company would not act as the aggregate
but would directly offer the loan products from its own balance sheet. Finally it
is learnt that Flipkart has already entered into arrangements with partnering
firms for the lending business, though their identities have not been
Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart Accordingly with the festive season just around the corner, India’s e-commerce majors are gearing up for their flagship sales trying to woo customers with various offers. Meanwhile the digital payments are one area that Flipkart and Amazon are betting big on, to attract more customers. Furthermore after Amazon launched 'Amazon Pay EMI', Flipkart has followed suit with a new payment option called Card less Credit’.
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana