Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court has said the Tamilnadu government should consider giving policemen a day's holiday in a week like every government servant is entitled to, so that they too can spend time with their families. Meanwhile when a plea seeking abolition of an orderly system in the police force came up on Tuesday, Justice N Kirubakaran said, "Every government servant is entitled to a one-day holiday in a week so that they can spend time with their families, likewise why shouldn't the police personnel who don't get a weekly off?."
After having said this, the judge ordered the additional advocate General PH Aravind Pandian to get instructions from higher authorities in this regard and directed him to mention from which date onwards they would like to implement the instructions. The judge said "This court holds that the government should take a serious view of this matter in the interest of the police and take a decision and posted the matter to July 12”.
Furthermore during the hearing, the judge also
noted that the policemen were forced to work round the clock. Moreover they
face stress and mental agony so do their family members. Further stating that
this was one of the reasons for deviant activities of police officials, the
judge said conducive atmosphere should be created for the policemen as it would
help keep their morale high in the interest of society.
Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students Accordingly when the air quality in Delhi and other cities in the north is deteriorating with pollution level touching ‘hazardous’ mark, a new mobile app promises to be of some help. The app, Air Cognizer, uses camera images to estimate air pollution level in the vicinity. The idea has won its developer an award by the US based Marconi Society.
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?