Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court has said the Tamilnadu government should consider giving policemen a day's holiday in a week like every government servant is entitled to, so that they too can spend time with their families. Meanwhile when a plea seeking abolition of an orderly system in the police force came up on Tuesday, Justice N Kirubakaran said, "Every government servant is entitled to a one-day holiday in a week so that they can spend time with their families, likewise why shouldn't the police personnel who don't get a weekly off?."
After having said this, the judge ordered the additional advocate General PH Aravind Pandian to get instructions from higher authorities in this regard and directed him to mention from which date onwards they would like to implement the instructions. The judge said "This court holds that the government should take a serious view of this matter in the interest of the police and take a decision and posted the matter to July 12”.
Furthermore during the hearing, the judge also
noted that the policemen were forced to work round the clock. Moreover they
face stress and mental agony so do their family members. Further stating that
this was one of the reasons for deviant activities of police officials, the
judge said conducive atmosphere should be created for the policemen as it would
help keep their morale high in the interest of society.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?