Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court has said the Tamilnadu government should consider giving policemen a day's holiday in a week like every government servant is entitled to, so that they too can spend time with their families. Meanwhile when a plea seeking abolition of an orderly system in the police force came up on Tuesday, Justice N Kirubakaran said, "Every government servant is entitled to a one-day holiday in a week so that they can spend time with their families, likewise why shouldn't the police personnel who don't get a weekly off?."
After having said this, the judge ordered the additional advocate General PH Aravind Pandian to get instructions from higher authorities in this regard and directed him to mention from which date onwards they would like to implement the instructions. The judge said "This court holds that the government should take a serious view of this matter in the interest of the police and take a decision and posted the matter to July 12”.
Furthermore during the hearing, the judge also
noted that the policemen were forced to work round the clock. Moreover they
face stress and mental agony so do their family members. Further stating that
this was one of the reasons for deviant activities of police officials, the
judge said conducive atmosphere should be created for the policemen as it would
help keep their morale high in the interest of society.
Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking that India and Pakistan resume dialogue that has been suspended since 2015. In the letter addressing the PM as "Modi Sahab", Imran Khan also suggests a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries. Meanwhile the new Pakistan prime minister wrote Pakistan "remains ready" to discuss terrorism.
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name