Arvind Kejriwal lead government has been given a major support, with the supreme court verdict that the lieutenant governor is supposed to abide by the advice of the ministers, barring issues related to public order, land, police, which come under Centre.
The five-member bench led by the chief justice of India Dipak Misra went against Delhi High court judgment in 2016 which said all powers were with the central government, and not Delhi government. The high court judgment made Kejriwal government appeal to the supreme court.
With the Supreme Court judgment, the power battle between Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party government and the Narendra Modi's National Democratic Alliance government at the Centre has come to an end with Kejriwal claiming victory.
An exceptional case when the LG can refer to the President was only when there was a difference of opinion between the council of ministers. The cabinet must inform all decisions to the LG. The LG can differ from opinions of the council of ministers, but it cannot be just for the sake of being different, said the court
Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize? Chennai sources stated that day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme, BJP State president Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan has said she has nominated the PM for the Nobel Peace Prize and appealed to the people to join her.
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel