Arvind Kejriwal lead government has been given a major support, with the supreme court verdict that the lieutenant governor is supposed to abide by the advice of the ministers, barring issues related to public order, land, police, which come under Centre.
The five-member bench led by the chief justice of India Dipak Misra went against Delhi High court judgment in 2016 which said all powers were with the central government, and not Delhi government. The high court judgment made Kejriwal government appeal to the supreme court.
With the Supreme Court judgment, the power battle between Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party government and the Narendra Modi's National Democratic Alliance government at the Centre has come to an end with Kejriwal claiming victory.
An exceptional case when the LG can refer to the President was only when there was a difference of opinion between the council of ministers. The cabinet must inform all decisions to the LG. The LG can differ from opinions of the council of ministers, but it cannot be just for the sake of being different, said the court
Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin! Makkal Needhi Maiam leader Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Haasan during a recent Rotaract event in Chennai spoke on various issues while also taking dig at leaders and people like Rajinikanth. When speaking he took a dig at Rajinikanth who had said he is not contesting Lok Sabha elections saying that if we come to battle and then apply oil, slap thighs and then back out then people will not respect us.
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist