Andhra Pradesh Govt set a world record today by launching house warming (Gruha Pravesham) programme of 3,00,346 houses simultaneously in all the 13 districts. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched the programme from Indira Gandhi municipal stadium in Vijayawada this morning. It may be noted that the state government organised house warming of one lakh houses on October 2 Gandhi jayanthi last year.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said 5, 80,849 houses were completed from 2014 to June this year under various schemes. He said 3, 03,164 houses were completed during 2017-18 at a cost of Rs 3746 cr. He said the housing beneficiaries include 57,296 SCs, 24,332 STs, 1, 43,005 BCs and 75,713 other castes.The Chief Minister said the number of beneficiaries include 2,765 in Srikakulam, 1,408 in Vizianagaram, 6,624 in Visakhapatnam,11,102 in East Godavari,7,109 in West Godavari, 4,549 in Krishna,9,183 in Guntur,6,447 in Prakasam, 3765 in Nellore, 5795 in Chitoor,5,949 in Kadapa, 5,395 in Anantapur and 5,622 in Kurnool districts.
Stating that the previous Congress government misused Rs 4,150 crore in housing scheme, the Chief Minister said that the state government has been completing the housing for poor to provide permanent shelter to all the eligible people. He said while the state government spent Rs 6,260 crore towards housing so far the central government allotted only Rs 1296 cr. He said that the state government committed to provide housing as a gift to women to enhance their respect in the society. He said that the state government has been implementing several welfare programmes for the benefit of people.
The Chief Minister said the NDA government cheated the state government in all fronts and failed to fulfil the bifurcation assurances. He said while the state government continuing its fight against the central government to fulfil the bifurcation assurances, the Opposition YSR Congress party has been extending support to BJP government mortgaging the interests of state government.
The Chief Minister made it clear the welfare schemes would be continued despite non-cooperation from central govt. He said 19 lakh houses would be constructed by 2019 including 60,000 houses in Vijayawada city.Earlier Minister for I & PR and rural housing Kalava Srinivasulu said transparency maintained in housing schemes and payments made online through National Payments Corporation of India to the accounts of housing beneficiaries. He said that the opposition party has been making baseless allegations on housing scheme. He said that the AP state Housing Corporation Limited completed 39 years today.
6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018 Hyderabad sources reported the representation of women in the 119 member Telangana Assembly has dropped to 5% against the 7.5% in the dissolved House. Accordingly only six women have made it to the Assembly in the elections held on December 7. Previously there were nine members in the previous Assembly from 2014.
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!
- Rahul Gandhi blames Modi!
- RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt!
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?