Andhra Pradesh Govt set a world record today by launching house warming (Gruha Pravesham) programme of 3,00,346 houses simultaneously in all the 13 districts. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched the programme from Indira Gandhi municipal stadium in Vijayawada this morning. It may be noted that the state government organised house warming of one lakh houses on October 2 Gandhi jayanthi last year.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said 5, 80,849 houses were completed from 2014 to June this year under various schemes. He said 3, 03,164 houses were completed during 2017-18 at a cost of Rs 3746 cr. He said the housing beneficiaries include 57,296 SCs, 24,332 STs, 1, 43,005 BCs and 75,713 other castes.The Chief Minister said the number of beneficiaries include 2,765 in Srikakulam, 1,408 in Vizianagaram, 6,624 in Visakhapatnam,11,102 in East Godavari,7,109 in West Godavari, 4,549 in Krishna,9,183 in Guntur,6,447 in Prakasam, 3765 in Nellore, 5795 in Chitoor,5,949 in Kadapa, 5,395 in Anantapur and 5,622 in Kurnool districts.
Stating that the previous Congress government misused Rs 4,150 crore in housing scheme, the Chief Minister said that the state government has been completing the housing for poor to provide permanent shelter to all the eligible people. He said while the state government spent Rs 6,260 crore towards housing so far the central government allotted only Rs 1296 cr. He said that the state government committed to provide housing as a gift to women to enhance their respect in the society. He said that the state government has been implementing several welfare programmes for the benefit of people.
The Chief Minister said the NDA government cheated the state government in all fronts and failed to fulfil the bifurcation assurances. He said while the state government continuing its fight against the central government to fulfil the bifurcation assurances, the Opposition YSR Congress party has been extending support to BJP government mortgaging the interests of state government.
The Chief Minister made it clear the welfare schemes would be continued despite non-cooperation from central govt. He said 19 lakh houses would be constructed by 2019 including 60,000 houses in Vijayawada city.Earlier Minister for I & PR and rural housing Kalava Srinivasulu said transparency maintained in housing schemes and payments made online through National Payments Corporation of India to the accounts of housing beneficiaries. He said that the opposition party has been making baseless allegations on housing scheme. He said that the AP state Housing Corporation Limited completed 39 years today.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers