Andhra Pradesh Govt set a world record today by launching house warming (Gruha Pravesham) programme of 3,00,346 houses simultaneously in all the 13 districts. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched the programme from Indira Gandhi municipal stadium in Vijayawada this morning. It may be noted that the state government organised house warming of one lakh houses on October 2 Gandhi jayanthi last year.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said 5, 80,849 houses were completed from 2014 to June this year under various schemes. He said 3, 03,164 houses were completed during 2017-18 at a cost of Rs 3746 cr. He said the housing beneficiaries include 57,296 SCs, 24,332 STs, 1, 43,005 BCs and 75,713 other castes.The Chief Minister said the number of beneficiaries include 2,765 in Srikakulam, 1,408 in Vizianagaram, 6,624 in Visakhapatnam,11,102 in East Godavari,7,109 in West Godavari, 4,549 in Krishna,9,183 in Guntur,6,447 in Prakasam, 3765 in Nellore, 5795 in Chitoor,5,949 in Kadapa, 5,395 in Anantapur and 5,622 in Kurnool districts.
Stating that the previous Congress government misused Rs 4,150 crore in housing scheme, the Chief Minister said that the state government has been completing the housing for poor to provide permanent shelter to all the eligible people. He said while the state government spent Rs 6,260 crore towards housing so far the central government allotted only Rs 1296 cr. He said that the state government committed to provide housing as a gift to women to enhance their respect in the society. He said that the state government has been implementing several welfare programmes for the benefit of people.
The Chief Minister said the NDA government cheated the state government in all fronts and failed to fulfil the bifurcation assurances. He said while the state government continuing its fight against the central government to fulfil the bifurcation assurances, the Opposition YSR Congress party has been extending support to BJP government mortgaging the interests of state government.
The Chief Minister made it clear the welfare schemes would be continued despite non-cooperation from central govt. He said 19 lakh houses would be constructed by 2019 including 60,000 houses in Vijayawada city.Earlier Minister for I & PR and rural housing Kalava Srinivasulu said transparency maintained in housing schemes and payments made online through National Payments Corporation of India to the accounts of housing beneficiaries. He said that the opposition party has been making baseless allegations on housing scheme. He said that the AP state Housing Corporation Limited completed 39 years today.
Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. Pawan Kalyan himself disappeared after the polling and hurried arranged review meetings of the candidates in Mangalagiri office after 10 days of the polling. The candidates of Uttarandhra, Godavari districts, and Krishna were called.
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?