The first budget from the JDS - Congress alliance ruling in Karnataka, headed by Chief Minister HD Kumarasamy was presented yesterday. The budget was presented by Chief Minister and finance minister HD Kumarasamy in the assembly. He had announced the dismissal of agricultural loans up to 2 lakhs in his budget presentation.
Due to this the government will face an additional expenditure of 34000 crores, and hence to meet the expenses, Kumarasamy has come up with another strategy. According to the strategy, petrol cess tax has been increased from 30 to 32%. Due to this the price of Petrol will be increased by Rs 1.14 per liter. Diesel taxes have been increased from 19 to 21%.
However, the prices of Petrol and
Diesel are lesser compared to neighboring states, said the Chief Minister. The
foreign liquor manufactured in India, will have an indirect tax of 4% increase,
and electricity tax has been raised from 6 to 9%. Post the Budget presentation,
Kumararasamy had said that the former CM Yeddyurappa had earlier said that he
will protest if the farming loans aren't dismissed, but Modi had not helped the
cause in any way. BJP was not efficient at all, and
even when the petrol and diesel prices were increased by the center, there was
none here to question it, and now these people don't have the rights to
criticize the measures he has taken to present a proper budget.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal