The first budget from the JDS - Congress alliance ruling in Karnataka, headed by Chief Minister HD Kumarasamy was presented yesterday. The budget was presented by Chief Minister and finance minister HD Kumarasamy in the assembly. He had announced the dismissal of agricultural loans up to 2 lakhs in his budget presentation.
Due to this the government will face an additional expenditure of 34000 crores, and hence to meet the expenses, Kumarasamy has come up with another strategy. According to the strategy, petrol cess tax has been increased from 30 to 32%. Due to this the price of Petrol will be increased by Rs 1.14 per liter. Diesel taxes have been increased from 19 to 21%.
However, the prices of Petrol and
Diesel are lesser compared to neighboring states, said the Chief Minister. The
foreign liquor manufactured in India, will have an indirect tax of 4% increase,
and electricity tax has been raised from 6 to 9%. Post the Budget presentation,
Kumararasamy had said that the former CM Yeddyurappa had earlier said that he
will protest if the farming loans aren't dismissed, but Modi had not helped the
cause in any way. BJP was not efficient at all, and
even when the petrol and diesel prices were increased by the center, there was
none here to question it, and now these people don't have the rights to
criticize the measures he has taken to present a proper budget.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers