As per report in its aim towards human spaceflight, Indian space agency ISRO on Thursday carried out the first in a series of tests to qualify a crew escape system. Meanwhile the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) in a statement said the crew escape system is a critical technology for human spaceflight. In its aim towards human spaceflight, Indian space agency ISRO on Thursday carried out the first in a series of tests to qualify a crew escape system.
Accordingly the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) in a statement said the crew escape system is a critical technology for human spaceflight. As per report "The crew escape system is an emergency escape measure designed to quickly pull the crew module along with the astronauts to a safe distance from the launch vehicle in the event of a launch abort.
ISRO said "The first test (Pad Abort Test)
demonstrated the safe recovery of the crew module in case of any exigency at
the launch pad”. Furthermore according to the ISRO, the five hour countdown was
smooth and moreover the crew escapes system along with the simulated crew
module with a mass of 12.6 tonne, lifted off at 7 a.m. at the Satish Dhawan
Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. Further the test was over in 259
seconds, during which the crew escape system along with crew module soared
skyward, then arced out over the Bay of Bengal and floated back to Earth under
its parachutes about 2.9 km from Sriharikota. Around 300 sensors recorded
various mission performance parameters during the test flight.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!