According to sources Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy is a happy man this Wednesday afternoon. Meanwhile he joins Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to hail the Supreme Court's observations in regard to the Lieutenant General's role in the decision making process of an elected government in Union territories.
Reports added that Narayanasamy who has in the past, alleged L-G Kiran Bedi's interference in the functioning of his government multiple times, tells TNM that the Apex court's judgment applies to Puducherry too. Moreover he further emphasizes that failure to adhere to it could lead to serious consequences. Furthermore the political tensions between the Narayanasamy led Congress Government and LG Kiran Bedi have been simmering since her appointment in 2016.
Narayanasamy explained "The LG should not
interfere in the functioning of a government voted to power by people and she
should not obstruct the activities of the ministers and Chief Minister. This is
what even the court is saying”. Presently the SC judgment reiterates my stand. Moreover
the Chief Minister further expresses the belief that Kiran Bedi will not
overstep her authority in the Union Territory here after.
Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief! Next week, the Supreme Court of India will be hearing a petition that had been filed against the appointment of M.Nageswara Rao as the Interim chief of CBI. After the sacking of the former chief of CBI Alok Verma by a three member central vigilance committee lead by Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi, Nageswara Rao was appointed as the interim chief last week Friday.
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!