According to sources Union Government has filed a counter affidavit in the Supreme Court in response to the affidavit filed by Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy of Andhra Pradesh over the un-kept bifurcation promises to the state including the promises made by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Meanwhile in the counter affidavit, the Centre for once and for all made it clear that there is nothing left to be done for the state of AP and the Centre claimed that it has done "what all it promised" in the AP Reorganization Act 2014.
Furthermore regarding Special Category Status to AP, the Centre ruled out of according the status to AP and conveyed the same to the Apex Court. To the surprise of all, the Union Finance Ministry has not raised anything about the Railway Zone promised to Visakhapatnam of Andhra Pradesh and has not mentioned why it didn't give it so far.
Moreover when talking about the revenue deficit as
AP is formed as a deficit state, the Centre claimed that the revenue deficit of
AP in the first year was only Rs 4116 Crore and it said it had already
disbursed Rs 3979 Crore already. As per report the Centre in its affidavit told
the Supreme Court that it had given Rs 2500 Crore to AP state government
regarding the building of Capital City Amaravati and said it would further give
another Rs 1000 Crore in three installments of Rs 330 Crore per year in the
next three years.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE