According to sources Union Government has filed a counter affidavit in the Supreme Court in response to the affidavit filed by Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy of Andhra Pradesh over the un-kept bifurcation promises to the state including the promises made by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Meanwhile in the counter affidavit, the Centre for once and for all made it clear that there is nothing left to be done for the state of AP and the Centre claimed that it has done "what all it promised" in the AP Reorganization Act 2014.
Furthermore regarding Special Category Status to AP, the Centre ruled out of according the status to AP and conveyed the same to the Apex Court. To the surprise of all, the Union Finance Ministry has not raised anything about the Railway Zone promised to Visakhapatnam of Andhra Pradesh and has not mentioned why it didn't give it so far.
Moreover when talking about the revenue deficit as
AP is formed as a deficit state, the Centre claimed that the revenue deficit of
AP in the first year was only Rs 4116 Crore and it said it had already
disbursed Rs 3979 Crore already. As per report the Centre in its affidavit told
the Supreme Court that it had given Rs 2500 Crore to AP state government
regarding the building of Capital City Amaravati and said it would further give
another Rs 1000 Crore in three installments of Rs 330 Crore per year in the
next three years.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!