Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy who was keen on presenting a full-fledged budget instead of a supplementary budget as suggested by former CM Siddaramaiah, announced a Rs 34,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme on Thursday. Meanwhile the much anticipated farm loan waiver will nullify loans up to Rs 2 lakh per family taken from recognized financial institutions and defaulted up to December 31, 2017. Further, as an encouragement to the non-defaulting farmers, the farmers will credit the repaid loan amount or Rs 25,000 to them, whichever is less, announced the CM.
Accordingly the farm loan waiver was along expected lines after Kumaraswamy had himself promised to waive loans farmers within 24 hours of coming to power. CM Kumaraswamy has tried to balance the spending on farm loan waiver with increased taxation on fuel, alcohol, vehicles and power usage and this will certainly hurt the common man. Furthermore in order to meet a revised excise revenue target of Rs 19,750 crore, the budget has proposed Additional Excise Duty on Indian Made Liquor by 4% on all 18 slabs.
Moreover the taxation on consumption of electricity
increased to 9% and the rate of taxation on consumption of captive energy
increased to 20 paise per unit. Reports added the motor vehicle taxes have also
been increased by 50% based on square metre of floor area while sales tax on
petrol and diesel will be raised by 2%, which means that petrol and diesel will
be taxed at 32% and 21% respectively.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections