Pawan Kalyan had once again said that his Jana Sena is not a Kapu party, though he hails from the same community. He took a serious dig at a section of the ruling Telugu Desam Party leaders for branding him and his party representing the Kapu community alone.
The Jana Sena chief had claimed himself above the caste lines when he launched the party ahead of the 2014 elections. He said he never wanted to represent his caste in politics and was not prepared to limit himself to a particular caste. Four years late, as the TDP leaders were branding him as leader of the Kapu community, the Jana Sena chief once again said he didn’t belong to a particular caste.
“I was born into a caste like everyone in India. But, my party was not born like that. It belongs to every Jana Sainik and can’t be branded to one area or one caste,” Pawan Kalyan said giving a fitting reply to his critics.
The Kapu community, which is visibly present in the State politics finds itself having no party of its own and hanging around other parties. When Chiranjeevi launched Praja Rajyam Party ahead of 2009 elections, the community owned up the party, but could not win the elections. It had to adjust itself with 18 MLA seats and the irony is that Chiranjeevi himself lost in his native Palacole constituency in West Godavari district.
With all these experiences, Pawan Kalyan is making his moves well calculated and is not ready to confine his party to one particular caste. Interestingly, even the prominent Kapu leaders from the State, like Mudragada Padmanabham are not with him and there is huge gap between him and the caste. This itself is a clear indication that he does not want his party to be limited to his caste alone, though there is a strong desire among the Kapu leaders in the State to have a party of their own.
Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani! Politician Kaduvetti Guru's mother Kalyani has said that in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, she will contest against Anbumani and this was confirmed by her family members. Former MLA and Vanniyar association leader Kaduvetti Guru had passed away after health issues a few months back in Chennai Apollo hospital.
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin