Chennai sources reported that the doctor population ratio of India seems unhealthy as against WHO recommendation of 1:1000. As per report the recent statistics by health ministry under National Health Profile-2018 shows that a government doctor serves a population of 11,082. Meanwhile with the current population of around 127 crore, India has around 10,41,395 government doctors as per the latest statistics in the report. Meanwhile the ratio is even lower for government allopathic doctors as only about 11% of the total registered doctors serve the government sector.
Meanwhile 9,26,426 doctors are employed in private hospitals, only 1,14,969 are registered as government allopathic doctors. Accordingly a private doctor serves to a population of 1375, while the government doctor population ratio is 1:11,082. Presently the burden on government doctors is higher because a large population depends on government hospitals due to its affordability.
Even though pass percentage of students Tamilnadu was as low as 39.55 in
undergraduates Neet this year, the state has an adequate doctor population
ratio of 1:921. Furthermore the state is ahead of national figures and has
eight doctors per 10,000 people and proving to be the medical capital Chennai
has more than 18 doctors per 10,000. Tamilnadu also has the benefit of Siddha
practitioners and major research institutes in the state.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!