Chennai sources reported that the doctor population ratio of India seems unhealthy as against WHO recommendation of 1:1000. As per report the recent statistics by health ministry under National Health Profile-2018 shows that a government doctor serves a population of 11,082. Meanwhile with the current population of around 127 crore, India has around 10,41,395 government doctors as per the latest statistics in the report. Meanwhile the ratio is even lower for government allopathic doctors as only about 11% of the total registered doctors serve the government sector.
Meanwhile 9,26,426 doctors are employed in private hospitals, only 1,14,969 are registered as government allopathic doctors. Accordingly a private doctor serves to a population of 1375, while the government doctor population ratio is 1:11,082. Presently the burden on government doctors is higher because a large population depends on government hospitals due to its affordability.
Even though pass percentage of students Tamilnadu was as low as 39.55 in
undergraduates Neet this year, the state has an adequate doctor population
ratio of 1:921. Furthermore the state is ahead of national figures and has
eight doctors per 10,000 people and proving to be the medical capital Chennai
has more than 18 doctors per 10,000. Tamilnadu also has the benefit of Siddha
practitioners and major research institutes in the state.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu