Hyderabad sources added that a task force will soon be appointed towards implementation of common ticketing system for different modes of transport. A top official said on Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited's plans for introducing common ticket and smart cards facility to facilitate hassle free journey for commuters both in metro rail and RTC buses and other modes of transport, HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy said "We are working on it.
Presently a task force is also going to be appointed and in fact the target given by Minister for IT and Municipal Administration K T Rama Rao is to come out with a clear scheme within two months and Reddy told reporters on the sidelines of an event here. With regard to progress on the ongoing 72 km long elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail Project, Reddy said "We are on schedule." Furthermore when referring to multi-level car parking complexes, Reddy said the Request for Proposal (RFP) for such complexes would be floated in the next 15 days.
Meanwhile, Drivezy, a vehicle rentals and vehicle
sharing platform, yesterday launched its first edition of 125 bikes 'on
self-drive bike rental option for first/last mile connectivity' at five Metro
Stations and the service will be made available at Rs 3 per km. moreover Drivezy
co-founder Abhishek Mahajan said they have plans to launch electric bikes also
in Bengaluru and based on the feasibility they would implement it in Hyderabad
More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19 According to sources a low pressure area that has formed over the Bay of Bengal will bring in much needed rain to Chennai, but will then move on to northern coastal and interior districts that are still recovering from the heavy cyclonic winds that caused loss of life and property this week. Meanwhile as per report from IMD, the low pressure area is likely to strengthen over the next 24 hours and will move north to make landfall on the Tamilnadu coast.
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment