The second T20 International between India and England, began with England winning the toss and deciding to bowl first. The Indian innings began on a disastrous note with both the openers, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan removed early, while last match centurion KL Rahul also departed in quick succession.
Skipper Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina forged a much needed partnership, as Raina scored a brisk 27(20) before being dismissed, and was followed by the wicket of Kohli who missed out on a deserving half century, for 47(38). Entered MS Dhoni, who scored an unbeaten 32(24)*, in his 500th match, propelling India to 148/5 in 20 overs.
The English innings began on a shaky
note with Umesh Yadav removing Jos butler and Jason Roy early. Root followed
suit, but Hales and Morgan tried the resurrection act, trying to forge a
partnership. However with Morgan's departure entered Bairstow who scored a
quickfire 28(18). Hales held firm despite wickers at the other end, scoring a
match winning 58(41b, 4x4,3x6)*, leading England to 149/5, Winning by 5 wickets
with 2 balls to spare.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders