New Delhi sources reported that retired engineer with Irrigation department Dontula Lakshminarayana said that a petition has been filed against the Kaleshwaram project in Supreme Court. Meanwhile the petition states that the project had been redesigned only to misuse the public funds and the Supreme Court will take up the case on July 9.
Moreover the retired engineer said the redesign was above the required total water storage capacity and it was only to waste public money. Furthermore even as the chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao was portraying the Kaleshwaram site as a tourist spot, the project with 19 reservoirs was being built over and above the desired capacity, the petition said.
As per report Lakshminarayana said that while the
storage capacity was 144 tmcs, the government was claiming to give 170 tmcs
"which is completely absurd." Meanwhile he observed that irrigation
projects consume huge budgets, and the government should not blindly redesign
them with commissions and contractors in mind and moreover he submitted in his
petition that a project whose cost was Rs 50,000 crores, in the name of
redesign has been hiked to Rs 90,000 crores.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders