It has become common these days for people to suspect someone as a child kidnapper and thrash them in public view. Khalid (30) resides in Mangalore's Uthre area, and he had been traveling with his 2 year old child in an auto rickshaw. This had happened two days back, and the kid had suddenly started crying asking something in the roadside shop.
While Khalid initially scolded the child, it did not listen, following which he had beaten the child. As the child started crying louder, two people who were following the auto in their bikes watching all the events bypassed the auto and stopped it. They made Khalid get down from the auto and started enquiring about the child. As Khalid didn't answer anything, they started beating him. When Khalid asked them why they were attacking him, they called him a child kidnapper, following which public had gathered to thrash him. Hearing the information, police rushed to the location, and frightened by the proceedings, the child had started crying, calling Khalid as father, much to the shock of people.
It was later that people realized
Khalid is the child's father and police had advised people not to brand anyone
as kidnappers believing WhatsApp rumors and warned that anyone acting this way
in an anti social manner believing such rumors involving in violence will be
arrested and strict action will be taken.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders