Chennai sources added that the Madras High Court has directed the Tamilnadu government to file a report on the steps taken to enforce the helmet and seat belt rule in the state. Accordingly the bench consisting of Justices TS Sivagnanam and Bhavani Subbarayan was hearing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Thursday filed by a resident from Korattur that claimed more than 70% of the accidents happen due to the non-adherence to traffic rules.
As per report the bench granted the state government time till July 27 to file a report with details of the steps taken till date and the steps they intend to take in the future, to ensure that all two-wheeler riders including the pillion rider, wear helmets. Moreover reports also said that the judges sought to know the steps taken so far to ensure that seat belts are being worn by the drivers and the passengers in cars. Further they also wanted the police to look into the issue of vehicles using high beam headlights while driving on city roads.
Hence according to a report, the petition also
claimed that though the number of road accidents had come down from 4,500 in
2016 to 2,400 in 2017, these accidents must be completely prevented. Moreover the
counsel for the government said that steps are being taken for strict
enforcement of the law and that people who do not abide by it are being fined
heavily, the judges said steps must be taken to bring down the number of
accidents to zero.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders