Chennai sources added that the Madras High Court has directed the Tamilnadu government to file a report on the steps taken to enforce the helmet and seat belt rule in the state. Accordingly the bench consisting of Justices TS Sivagnanam and Bhavani Subbarayan was hearing a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Thursday filed by a resident from Korattur that claimed more than 70% of the accidents happen due to the non-adherence to traffic rules.
As per report the bench granted the state government time till July 27 to file a report with details of the steps taken till date and the steps they intend to take in the future, to ensure that all two-wheeler riders including the pillion rider, wear helmets. Moreover reports also said that the judges sought to know the steps taken so far to ensure that seat belts are being worn by the drivers and the passengers in cars. Further they also wanted the police to look into the issue of vehicles using high beam headlights while driving on city roads.
Hence according to a report, the petition also
claimed that though the number of road accidents had come down from 4,500 in
2016 to 2,400 in 2017, these accidents must be completely prevented. Moreover the
counsel for the government said that steps are being taken for strict
enforcement of the law and that people who do not abide by it are being fined
heavily, the judges said steps must be taken to bring down the number of
accidents to zero.
Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics? According to sources it was stated that Modi is not his senior in politics. He is his senior," claimed Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu. Meanwhile Babu made this comments at the Gnanabheri program yesterday in Krishna district. Chandrababu said "He had entered politics way back in 1977 and he became the Chief Minister in 1995 whereas Modi
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff