Accordingly imagine if Batman was to come up to you and tell you off for jumping a red light or Spiderman were to swoop down and remind you to wear your seatbelt. Meanwhile the commuters in Chennai were in for a ride on June 24 when Batman, Spiderman and Superman descended upon the roads of Chennai Anna Nagar signal to be specific to save the day.
As per report Thozhan, a Chennai based NGO, hatched a plan to get superheroes to inspire people into following traffic rules. “This isn't the first time we have done it, however and we have been doing traffic awareness campaigns since 2013. Previously we had volunteers dressed up as Yama Dharma Raja to do the same campaign. Meanwhile this time we have used superheroes,” smiles M Radhakrishnan, the co-founder of the NGO.
Radhakrishnan said “The first thing we tell them is
to stop at the stop line and this avoids congestion to a huge extent. We also
insist on people making sure their children are safe in the pillion, and not
sitting in front,” he begins, before elaborating on the number of road deaths
India sees every year. Furthermore the study listed Chennai as the city with
the most dangerous roads, as it recorded 7,486 accidents in 2016 alone. Moreover
he also admits that this campaign with the super heroes has been a major
success among children. “They found it very interesting and with children, the effect
is immediate and tends to question their parents if they stay away from
following these rules”.
Rohit reveals the challenge! Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma has revealed the major challenge Indian players will face in Australia. The Indian cricket team is all set to tour Australia and play a long cricket series in the country. In this scenario, Rohit Sharma had met the press, and elaborated on the challenges and issues Indian cricket team will face in Australia.
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?