Chennai sources added that expelled DMK leader MK Alagiri said that genuine cadres were on his side and that a ‘non-working’ president is occupying the post of a president in Chennai. Meanwhile when speaking at the wedding of a DMK functionary in Palamedu near Madurai, the former South zone organizing secretary of the DMK, MK Alagiri was taking a dig at his brother and the party’s working President MK Stalin.
Moreover as per reports, he also said that those who are with the party in organizational posts are with them only for the posts and that the genuine workers are with him. Accordingly Alagiri said that the welcome given to him was similar to the one given by party cadres and that it confused him if he was attending a private function or a party function. Moreover these remarks could cause embarrassment to DMK which is aiming for a revival of its political fortunes after its continuous defeats in the previous polls.
Reports added the DMK had forfeited its deposit in
the RK Nagar bye-polls in 2017 when its candidate Maruthu Ganesh lost to TTV
Dinakaran and AIADMK’s E Madhusudhanan. Earlier MK Alagiri has enjoyed the
goodwill of party cadres in the low and middle level for his leadership and for
the way he has connected with workers at the grassroots.
Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains? Chennai sources stated that in an effort that could go some way in preparing the people for any imminent threat arising out of the monsoon rains, the State Revenue Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Centre for Coastal Research, to know in advance about the condition and intensity of rains.
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?