Bangkok sources added that Thai officials on Saturday ruled out any immediate attempts to evacuate 12 boys and their coach trapped deep inside a system of caves in Chiang Rai province despite concerns over low oxygen levels underground and poor weather forecasts. Media reports added the officials are considering a rescue plan involving a "buddy dive" where an experienced adult diver would swim with each boy.
According to a US official Thai divers would lead the mission and US divers would preposition oxygen tanks. Moreover the rescue team also includes divers and workers from Australia, the UK and other parts of Europe and Asia. As per report the rescue mission could begin as soon as the weekend, but no decision has been made whether to proceed. Earlier on Friday, Thai Navy SEAL chief Rear Adm. Aphakorn Yoo-kongkaew said oxygen levels in the cave had dropped to 15%, a level that one Thai medic said posed a serious risk of hypoxia, the same condition that causes altitude sickness.
Presently authorities had originally suggested the safest strategy for the
boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25 year old coach, would be to keep them in the
Tham Luang Nang Non cave complex until the monsoon season had passed in October
and water levels had subsided enough for them to walk out. Furthermore more
heavy rain is expected to fall over the weekend but the governor emphasized
that rescuers would only try to free the team if the risk to their lives was
World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production New Delhi sources stated that oil prices climbed on Monday as the world's biggest supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production, in the face of fears of oversupply. Meanwhile Saudi Arabia's energy minister said that oil producing nations should cut output by one million barrels per day to re-balance the market. Accordingly Khalid al-Falih's comments follow a meeting in Abu Dhabi at the weekend
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?