Bangkok sources added that Thai officials on Saturday ruled out any immediate attempts to evacuate 12 boys and their coach trapped deep inside a system of caves in Chiang Rai province despite concerns over low oxygen levels underground and poor weather forecasts. Media reports added the officials are considering a rescue plan involving a "buddy dive" where an experienced adult diver would swim with each boy.
According to a US official Thai divers would lead the mission and US divers would preposition oxygen tanks. Moreover the rescue team also includes divers and workers from Australia, the UK and other parts of Europe and Asia. As per report the rescue mission could begin as soon as the weekend, but no decision has been made whether to proceed. Earlier on Friday, Thai Navy SEAL chief Rear Adm. Aphakorn Yoo-kongkaew said oxygen levels in the cave had dropped to 15%, a level that one Thai medic said posed a serious risk of hypoxia, the same condition that causes altitude sickness.
Presently authorities had originally suggested the safest strategy for the
boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25 year old coach, would be to keep them in the
Tham Luang Nang Non cave complex until the monsoon season had passed in October
and water levels had subsided enough for them to walk out. Furthermore more
heavy rain is expected to fall over the weekend but the governor emphasized
that rescuers would only try to free the team if the risk to their lives was
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018