Bangkok sources added that Thai officials on Saturday ruled out any immediate attempts to evacuate 12 boys and their coach trapped deep inside a system of caves in Chiang Rai province despite concerns over low oxygen levels underground and poor weather forecasts. Media reports added the officials are considering a rescue plan involving a "buddy dive" where an experienced adult diver would swim with each boy.
According to a US official Thai divers would lead the mission and US divers would preposition oxygen tanks. Moreover the rescue team also includes divers and workers from Australia, the UK and other parts of Europe and Asia. As per report the rescue mission could begin as soon as the weekend, but no decision has been made whether to proceed. Earlier on Friday, Thai Navy SEAL chief Rear Adm. Aphakorn Yoo-kongkaew said oxygen levels in the cave had dropped to 15%, a level that one Thai medic said posed a serious risk of hypoxia, the same condition that causes altitude sickness.
Presently authorities had originally suggested the safest strategy for the
boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25 year old coach, would be to keep them in the
Tham Luang Nang Non cave complex until the monsoon season had passed in October
and water levels had subsided enough for them to walk out. Furthermore more
heavy rain is expected to fall over the weekend but the governor emphasized
that rescuers would only try to free the team if the risk to their lives was
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders