Chennai sources added that a senior leader yesterday said the ruling AIADMK in Tamilnadu was in principle agreeable to the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to Parliament and state assemblies, but wants it to be considered after 2021 when the present state assembly's term would expire. Meanwhile senior leader and Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar told reporters here that this view had been conveyed through a letter to the Law Commission and it will be put forth again by AIADMK leaders during the panel's two day deliberations on the matter being held in Delhi from yesterday.
Moreover he was replying to a question on the consultations by the Centre on holding simultaneous polls and the Tamilnadu government's stand. Moreover he said "the tenure of the (present) Tamilnadu Assembly is till 2021" and hence assembly election should not be combined with the Lok Sabha poll scheduled for next year and the simultaneous polls in Tamilnadu may be considered in 2024.
Jayakumar said though the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to
Parliament and state assemblies was agreeable in principle for the AIADMK which
meant "toeing the line of Amma (late chief minister Jayalalitha)," it
can, however, be considered post-2021 Assembly polls. Previously the late
leader, had, however, flagged "some key issues" that had to be
addressed before the new mechanism could be put in place. Presently the Law
Commission is holding consultations at Delhi with all the national and state
parties on the feasibility of holding simultaneous polls.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party