Chennai sources added that a senior leader yesterday said the ruling AIADMK in Tamilnadu was in principle agreeable to the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to Parliament and state assemblies, but wants it to be considered after 2021 when the present state assembly's term would expire. Meanwhile senior leader and Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar told reporters here that this view had been conveyed through a letter to the Law Commission and it will be put forth again by AIADMK leaders during the panel's two day deliberations on the matter being held in Delhi from yesterday.
Moreover he was replying to a question on the consultations by the Centre on holding simultaneous polls and the Tamilnadu government's stand. Moreover he said "the tenure of the (present) Tamilnadu Assembly is till 2021" and hence assembly election should not be combined with the Lok Sabha poll scheduled for next year and the simultaneous polls in Tamilnadu may be considered in 2024.
Jayakumar said though the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to
Parliament and state assemblies was agreeable in principle for the AIADMK which
meant "toeing the line of Amma (late chief minister Jayalalitha)," it
can, however, be considered post-2021 Assembly polls. Previously the late
leader, had, however, flagged "some key issues" that had to be
addressed before the new mechanism could be put in place. Presently the Law
Commission is holding consultations at Delhi with all the national and state
parties on the feasibility of holding simultaneous polls.
Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan said when addressing the joint session of both Houses of the state legislature, he said the scheme has become a role model for several states and has earned praise even in the international arena. He said "It is a matter of pride that UN Food and Agriculture Organization praised this scheme. Several states are preparing to adopt it”.
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019