Chennai sources added that a senior leader yesterday said the ruling AIADMK in Tamilnadu was in principle agreeable to the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to Parliament and state assemblies, but wants it to be considered after 2021 when the present state assembly's term would expire. Meanwhile senior leader and Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar told reporters here that this view had been conveyed through a letter to the Law Commission and it will be put forth again by AIADMK leaders during the panel's two day deliberations on the matter being held in Delhi from yesterday.
Moreover he was replying to a question on the consultations by the Centre on holding simultaneous polls and the Tamilnadu government's stand. Moreover he said "the tenure of the (present) Tamilnadu Assembly is till 2021" and hence assembly election should not be combined with the Lok Sabha poll scheduled for next year and the simultaneous polls in Tamilnadu may be considered in 2024.
Jayakumar said though the proposal to hold simultaneous polls to
Parliament and state assemblies was agreeable in principle for the AIADMK which
meant "toeing the line of Amma (late chief minister Jayalalitha)," it
can, however, be considered post-2021 Assembly polls. Previously the late
leader, had, however, flagged "some key issues" that had to be
addressed before the new mechanism could be put in place. Presently the Law
Commission is holding consultations at Delhi with all the national and state
parties on the feasibility of holding simultaneous polls.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai