BJP state president Kanna Lakshminarayana said though his party failed to provide Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh due to some legal reasons, it has done more than that by allocating adequate funds under special package for state development.
Kanna was in Kadapa to participate in various party related programmes and addressed the public gathering here on Saturday. While defending his party step over filing affidavit in Supreme Court, he said there is no wrong in it as the NDA government fulfilled all the assurances mentioned in the AP Reorganisation Act 2014. Kanna has described the decision of Andhra Pradesh government to launch legal battle against the Central government is meaningless.
It may be mentioned here that the State government had decided to implead in the case in Supreme Court and had directed the departments to prepare the required documents. While the BJP claims that it had given a lot of funds to the State in the last four years, the TDP is getting the documents ready to counter it both in the Supreme Court and outside.
But, Kanna alleged that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu was hatching a conspiracy to divert the attention of people of state from his failure in the administration. He pointed out that BJP was committed to fulfil the promises mentioned in the AP Reorganisation Act. The Central government sanctioned a number of educational institutional to the state, he said.
Asserting BJP government’s commitment over establishment of steel plant in Kadapa district, he said discussions were also in progress over setting up railway zone. While questioning Chief Minister’s attitude in criticising NDA government, party secretary Kandula Rajamohan Reddy said if Chief Minister is really committed for the development of the state why he had accepted the offer of special package instead raising SCS for these years. On this occasion party activists organised a rally in the city.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India