BJP state president Kanna Lakshminarayana said though his party failed to provide Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh due to some legal reasons, it has done more than that by allocating adequate funds under special package for state development.
Kanna was in Kadapa to participate in various party related programmes and addressed the public gathering here on Saturday. While defending his party step over filing affidavit in Supreme Court, he said there is no wrong in it as the NDA government fulfilled all the assurances mentioned in the AP Reorganisation Act 2014. Kanna has described the decision of Andhra Pradesh government to launch legal battle against the Central government is meaningless.
It may be mentioned here that the State government had decided to implead in the case in Supreme Court and had directed the departments to prepare the required documents. While the BJP claims that it had given a lot of funds to the State in the last four years, the TDP is getting the documents ready to counter it both in the Supreme Court and outside.
But, Kanna alleged that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu was hatching a conspiracy to divert the attention of people of state from his failure in the administration. He pointed out that BJP was committed to fulfil the promises mentioned in the AP Reorganisation Act. The Central government sanctioned a number of educational institutional to the state, he said.
Asserting BJP government’s commitment over establishment of steel plant in Kadapa district, he said discussions were also in progress over setting up railway zone. While questioning Chief Minister’s attitude in criticising NDA government, party secretary Kandula Rajamohan Reddy said if Chief Minister is really committed for the development of the state why he had accepted the offer of special package instead raising SCS for these years. On this occasion party activists organised a rally in the city.
Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone? According to sources as polls are due in December in Telangana, election fever seems to have gripped KCR. Meanwhile in order to win the elections, CM KCR has performed a special Yagam. Recently KCR and wife Shobha have performed Raja Shyamala Chandi Homam at KCR's Erravelli farmhouse yesterday and it is learnt that the Raja Syamala Chandi Homam is performed for victory.
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh